Site 4 Plan - Earhart Hall
Site 4 was named 'Earhart Hall'
after the famous female pilot Amelia Earhart and
is located between Bewsey Old Hall and Twigg Wood.
Site 4 had accommodation for 1,200
personnel inWW2 and had 146 nissen huts.
It also had a hobby shop, chapel,
main store and even had it's own ice cream plant.
After WW2 the site was used in
1950 and early 1960 and then it was abandoned.
Main Street Site 4 Nissan Huts 1945
4 Chapel 1950's
4 Chapel 1950's (Colour)
4 Hut H-3 Section 17.
From Roger Myers.
Photo of his Dad Taken in Early 1945.
Gate 4 Near to The Original
Entrance (Photo Below)
(Photo Took in 1984 -
Note the barrier)
(Note No barrier - The
old gatehouse hut for gate 4 was
at the left just where you can see the concrete slab)
Service Personnel Will No Doubt Recognise
The Entrance to Gate 4 Here ..
Lighter Found at
Burtonwood Near the Gatehouse
Blast Shelter is The Only Building
Left That We Can Find on Site 4
These Blast Shelters Clearly Afforded No
Protection From a Direct Hit,
But a Swift and Safe Retreat From the Possibility
of Blast Effects.
More Pictures etc Coming Soon Regarding Site 4 .....